Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Celebrating by Helping Others

M celebrated her 16th birthday this month! Can you believe it? It is a very exciting thing for her and a very scary thing for me!

Instead of having a friend party, M wanted to have her "party" at the Utah Food Bank. She invited some of her friends out and we sorted and weighed food to be sent out to needy families. Instead of bringing presents, M asked her friends to bring a food donation to the Food Bank. What a proud moment for mom :)! Here are a few pictures (did you think I WOULDN'T take pictures?) of the group.

Happy Birthday M! We are so proud of you!





5 comments:

Hello! said...

That's it. Your kid is perfect. What 16 year old thinks about stuff like that? It must be all those letters I wrote to her and she's been growing up. I will pat myself on the back for the giving woman she has become. *wink*

The Trusty Blog said...

She wants to be just like you!

Miller's said...

McKell - my eyes are welling with tears. I am so proud you have followed in Mckinsey's footsteps in being so giving. Oh wait - we're not talking about the same thing - sorry!

The Trusty Blog said...

What is it exactly that Mckinsey is giving?

The Trusty Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.